Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) Interest Groups are member-driven groups which exist to benefit members, and the wider chemical science community, in line with the RSC’s strategy and charter. The Biological and Medicinal Chemistry Sector (BMCS) is an RSC Interest Group which aims to further the interests of all members of the RSC, both industrial and academic, involved in the pursuit and understanding of biologically active molecules.
The predominant areas include:
- Organisation of scientific meetings and symposia.
- Recognition and reward for outstanding achievements in biological and medicinal chemistry.
- Support for educational activities in the UK through grants and bursaries.
- Advising the Royal Society of Chemistry on policies that directly affect the BMCS.
- Public promotion of the crucial role played by chemistry in the modern industrial environment.
Existing RSC members can join the BMCS Interest Group by updating their details in the “My communities and subscriptions” tab of the online RSC membership area. Please click here to login and add to your list of Interest Groups. To find out more about joining the RSC, click here.
We are always looking for new committee members who are keen to get involved and to help organise our activities. If you would like to find out more please contact the Secretary.